The Roosevelt Hotel, on University Avenue, just off Canal Street, was once considered the grand hotel of the South. It originally opened as The Grunewald in 1893, became the Roosevelt in 1920, and reopened as The Fairmont in 1965. The hotel closed following Hurricane Katrina, but this month, it reopened, once again, as the Roosevelt. Eve Abrams reports.
Go back to list of all radio stories.
© Eve Abrams 2010